After having made hundreds of knives in the Scandinavian tradition of a zero-bevel grind, I set out to make one with a shorter blade and YES and full size handle.
There are very few 3-inch-blade knives that have a full-size handle.
This one is the exception. You get a full 4.5 inches of handle with palm swell and contouring. It is probably the most comfortable knife handle I’ve ever made.
Made with 3V steel that is 0.145″ thick, you get a knife that is lightweight, yet stout enough to handle batoning and heavy use. The blade is wide near the front of the handle for weight and strength and tapers quickly to a tip to allow precise cutting. There is jimping on the spine and a small guard to help with those times your grip isn’t 100% yet the demands you place on the knife are 110%.
3″ blade, 0.140″ thick CPM3V steel, ~60HRc, Scandi Grind
4.75″ handle (full sized handle!)
Base Price = $235 (includes kydex sheath)
- Natural Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
- Black Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
- Green Canvas Micarta = adds $10
- Black G10 = adds $20
- Orange G10 = adds $20
- Blue G10 = adds $20
- Red G10 = adds $20
- Blue/Black G10 = adds $30
- Black/Tan G10 = adds $30
- Arizona Desert Ironwood = adds $80
- Arizona Desert Ironwood AAA Burl = adds $120
- Sambar Stag = adds $195
Add $20 for G-10 liners (specify red, black, blue, green, white or yellow)
- Kydex (pancake style) = included in Base Price
- Upgrade to DropLoop Kydex = add $20
- Upgrade to Leather pouch by Butch Hagedorn = add $25
- Upgrade to Dual-Carry Leather Sheath by Butch Hagedorn = add $45
*Add a Light My Fire Army Model Firesteel for $15
*Add a Firesteel loop for $10 (Kydex), $20 (Leather)
*Change to Black Leather = $20
*Add Tooling to Leather Sheath = $20
Ordering List is CLOSED for 2015. Check Available Knives page for extras. To be notified of the list opening back up, please join my Mailing List.
This MailChimp shortcode is now deprecated. Please insert the new shortcode to display this form.